Sorting carnet du passage for your next adventure.

Overlanding can put lots of hurdles and obstacles for the travellers on motorcycles and 4x4 vehicles. One of these is the carnet, and how to obtain it. In the last couple of years many issuers, national and private ones stopped issuing carnet's in total, which created many issues with finding the correct info and how to o with it.

Lobagola MotoTours is able to provide issuance of carnet in the case where there is no possibility of issuing a Carnet in their residing country, or if the local club agrees on such a request.

Deposit needs to be paid online, and it represents 100 % of the current value of the vehicle (minimum is 2750,00 eur).

This deposit will be reimbursed by bank transfer only after we have received the Carnet de Passages duly stamped together with the proof of the re-importation of the vehicle in its origin country (The certificate of location - last page of the Carnet - must be stamped by the national customs authorities).

No re-importation proof will be required if the Carnet de Passages has not been used at all. 

In any case, the Carnet de Passages has to be returned to the issuing club after its expiry date. A duly signed and dated application form must be sent by e-mail, post or fax to the Lobagola MotoTours together with a photocopy of your passport, registration car license and driving license. 

The Carnet de Passages will be issued and sent only after the necessary amount (deposit + document fees + postage costs) is received by the Lobagola MotoTours.

Carnet is a document that offers a guarantee to a foreign government that the vehicle is identified in the Carnet, if granted temporary importation status, will be removed from the country within the time limit imposed by the respective jurisdiction. In the event that the vehicle is not removed within the imposed timeframe, the country may claim from your Carnet Issuer all duties and taxes that would be required to permanently import the vehicle to that country. Using the Carnet is an alternative to leaving a cash security deposit with a foreign government. It allows free movement and unencumbered access between foreign countries. Most countries, but not all, allow this option. A Carnet is valid for one year from the date of issue. It can be renewed/extended if needed.

The personal tourist vehicle Carnet system is administered by the Swiss-headquartered Alliance Internationale de Tourisme (AIT). A Carnet document shows Customs officials that the vehicle owner has already posted a bond at least equal to the vehicle import duty of that country, and assures that the vehicle will be re-exported to its country of origin.

Note that the Carnet system does not apply if you intend to permanently import and re-register a vehicle originally manufactured for sale in a different country. Under those circumstances, most countries impose much stricter and more costly procedures.

These regions/countries of the world require carnet: Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Malesia, Japan, Indonesia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Nepal, Pakistan, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Malaysia.

For more info on extension, pricing for specific area of the world, send your inquiry to: 

+ 385 1 5801 990

+ 385 91 4311 076